Wild times abound as we tackle great feedback and listener questions about important health topics.
First, some positive reviews about Brad being funny and “down to earth” (even after reading a bunch of positive reviews?!) and then we hear from a listener who details a day of diligent low-carb eating, ambitious exercising, and bonking and getting a headache. We’ll learn how to avoid piling on too many stress factors (fasting, low-carb, high intensity, etc.) and how to optimize exercise and diet for fat reduction with an “under the radar” strategy of achieving natural and incidental caloric deficits that prompt the burning of excess body fat. We hear great references from shows with Dr. Tommy Wood (athletes should strive to eat as much healthy food as possible, until they add a pound of body fat—then back off) and Dr. Robert Lustig (who argues that it’s virtually impossible to add body fat if you ditch toxic modern foods and emphasize wholesome, nutritious foods).
A listener references my interview on Brock Armstrong’s Second Wind podcast about the importance of a tech-free start to the day and votes against “Challenge Months” that are too stressful. Then we take a detailed look at the most sensible advice regarding alcohol consumption, including the least offensive strategies if you choose to imbibe (check Brian “Liver King” Johnson’s elaborate 11-step approach!), and I suggest trying my favorite Dry Farm Wine for the cleanest wine available. Finally, you’ll hear some great commentary about strategically adding carbs to a carnivore-ish diet in order to boost recovery.
- Brad Kearns.com
- Brad’s Shopping page
- Paleo Drinking Cheat Sheet
- Ancestral Supplements Brian “Liver King” Johson detailed lifestyle tips and habits
Download episode audio by clicking the arrow in the top right corner of the player above
Check out each of these companies because they are absolutely awesome or they wouldn’t occupy this revered space. Seriously, Brad won’t promote anything he doesn’t absolutely love and use in daily life.
- Brad’s Macadamia Masterpiece: Mind-blowing, life-changing nut butter blend
- Male Optimization Formula with Organs (MOFO): Optimize testosterone naturally with 100% grassfed animal organ supplement
- BeautyCounter: Premium skin care products and cosmetics rigorously tested to be free from toxins
- Bala Enzyme: Electrolyte and triple enzyme recovery drink mix. BRAD30 for 30% off
- BiOptimizers: Top quality performance supplements like magnesium, probiotics, and digestive enzymes. BRAD10 for 10% off
- Paleo Valley: Nutrient-rich, ancestral-inspired health products. BRAD15 for 15% off
- BradNutrition.com: Coming soon – the ultimate whey protein superfuel formula for peak performance and longevity
- Morning Routine Course: Coming soon – Comprehensive online multimedia course to design the ultimate morning exercise routine